- Have a clear email title with the product in question in the email subject. Also include if it’s a bug report, product suggestion, product quality issue, cooperation consultation, product information consultation). Example: FS-iA6B antenna specification information.
- Provide relevant photos or videos via dropbox, web transfer, mega, OneDrive, Google Drive or similar.
- For product-related questions please include pictures, software version, hardware version, and detailed descriptions of the problem and how to recreate it. Provide clear information as possible on any product being use with our product, such as model, motor, servo, ESC, and battery model.
2. What should I do if I send an email and don’t get a response for a long time?
- Make sure the email sent successfully.
- Check your trash for any emails from us.
- Resend the email.
- Contact Flysky via platforms such as Facebook.
3. What should I do if I encounter a problem when using one of our products?
- Check the product manual. (Note: Only the quick start guide is included with the product, download the full user manual from the product page on our website)
- Find information on forums, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Ask someone who already owns the product.
- Send an email to Flysky.
4. Quality issues – What to do if you find a problem with your radio? E.g. damaged switches, buttons, antennas, etc., poor touch response or other screen issues, not booting etc.
- Please contact the seller (dealer) for replacement or return. Provide the product model, problem, product serial number and order information to the seller, include pictures if needed.
- If the seller does not want to take any action, please contact Flysky via our email address with the product model number, product problem, product serial number and order information and seller information (product model, product serial number, order information, please provide pictures, provide and records of communication with seller)
5. Safety Precautions - What are the precautions for safe use of the remote control?
- Be sure to set up the failsafe before use;
- Do a range test.
- Ensure that the battery is fully charged.
- Do not use the product around hazardous areas such as high-voltage lines. Refer to the safety instructions for more information.
6. What should I do if the remote control is damaged? If the potentiometer, button switch, antenna, screen, etc. are damaged during use, the remote control or receiver power supply is connected incorrectly or reversely burned out.
- Parts can be replaced with other parts from other radios.
- Many parts are available online.
- For power problems domestic users can contact Flysky’s after-sales service for factory repair; foreign users are advised to abandon repairs if they do not have overseas service points and cannot repair themselves.
7. Does the newly purchased remote control need a firmware update?
- If you need to update, please check the latest firmware of the remote control on the Flysky website. If your firmware version is lower than the official version, please check the “Software Version Update Record” to confirm whether you need to upgrade.
8. When does the remote need to update the firmware?
- It is recommended to update when your radio’s firmware version is lower than the official website version. Changes will be recorded Change log.
9. How do I perform a firmware update?
- The firmware update of different remote controllers may be different. Refer to the instructions in the manual for details.
- Note: (1) The correct type of USB wire should be used. (2) Some radios may require a computer to be updated.
10. Where can I download the latest firmware?
11. Can the radio be updated with the OSX?
- No, we currently only support windows.
12. What is the reason for not detecting the remote control when upgrading the firmware?
- Make sure you are using the correct USB wire.
- Make sure that the wire is connected properly.
- Confirm that the update software can see the radio.
- Make sure the radio is in update mode.
- Note: If all of the above is ok, replace the USB cable or try another USB port on the computer.
13. What should I do if the firmware is recognized as a virus?
- Some anti-virus software will consider our firmware to be a virus, in which case it can be upgraded with the anti-virus software temporarily turned off. (Note: Turning off anti-virus software may lead to real virus intrusion, please be cautious.)
14. What should I do if the firmware update fails?
- The remote control can be restarted for firmware updated again. If it cannot be restarted, please confirm whether it can be forced to update (for example, FS-i6 has forced update mode).
15. What if I want to downgrade to the old firmware?
- It is not necessarily possible to downgrade firmware for safety reasons, however, If you want to downgrade the firmware, please contact us by email.
16. Does the receiver need to update the firmware?
- When the radio is updated the receiver must be rebound.
- If there is an update for the receiver the radio will prompt you to update and will do so wirelessly.
17. How to bind the receiver and radio without a bind cable?
- You can use the DuPont line of the double female head instead of the bind cable to connect bind pin to the GND pin. For temporary emergency, you can also short the receiver's bind pin and GND pin with conductive objects such as tweezers (be careful not to short VCC to GND).
18. What should I do if the radios range seems to be limited?
- Check to see if the system is damaged, such as damage to the radio or receiver’s antenna;
- Is the antenna of the remote control or receiver properly installed and is the antenna shielded from metal objects?
- Check to see if the receiver’s antenna is suffering from interference caused by a motor, ESC or wires etc.
- Please check the surrounding environment for interference. If there is a mobile phone base station, a high-power router, a 2.4GHz high-power wireless device, etc., nearby it is likely to cause some interference.
- If you cannot solve the issue please contact the seller to go through the after-sales process; if the seller does not process, please contact Flysky via email with the product model, product problem, product serial number and order information and seller information (product model, product) Please provide the image of the serial number and order information, and provide the communication record of the seller and the seller.)
19. What precautions should I take when mounting an antenna?
- The antenna must be kept as straight as possible, otherwise the effective range will be reduced.
- Dual antennas are best placed at 90 degrees to ensure optimal signal performance. Keep the two antennas as far away from each other as possible.
- Keep the antenna as far away as possible from the motor and its wires, the ESC and its wires, and the battery cable.
- If the antenna is broken, it may cause performance degradation. Please replace it in time.
20. How to set up runaway protection?
- Different radios have different settings for the failsafe function. Radios that have a screen can be set up on the radio itself. Radios without a screen must be set up with the receiver. The specific method is subject to the manual.
21. How do I perform gimbal calibration?
- If the gimbal is not operating as expected it may need to be calibrated. If the radio has a screen it can be calibrated via the radio itself in settings. If the radio does not have a screen a key combination will activate calibration mode. Refer to the radio’s user manual for more information.
22. Are Flysky transmitters and receivers compatible with transmitters or receivers from other manufacturers?
- No however some of our radios support an extern RF module that can be used with other companies products..
23. Are AFHDS, AFHDS2A, and AFHDS3 compatible with each other?
- AFHDS, AFHDS2A, and AFHDS3 are not compatible. Only products with the same protocol can be bound. Some products can be switched to AFHDS or AFHDS2A (please refer to the radios user manual for more information).
24. How to distinguish between AFHDS, AFHDS2A, and AFHDS3?
- The logos between the pre and post AFHDS 3 radios are different. You can check which protocols are compatible in the RF standard menu.
25. Which receivers can the transmitter be paired with?
- Please refer to the radio’s user manual.
26. Do you need to bind the product you just bought?
- The radio and receiver will have been pre bound at the factory. If the radio comes with more than one receiver look at the serial number to tell which one is already bound.
27. What should I do if the radio and receiver will not bind?
- Confirm that the transmitter and receiver can be paired using the Transmit Receiving Pairing Chart or the manual.
- Verify that the radios wireless communication protocol (AFHDS, AFHDS2A, AFHDS3) is set to the same protocol as the receiver.
- Check to see if the receiver and radio in bind mode?
- If you have another receiver test to see if it will bind as well.
28. How do I purchase a Flysky radio and accessories?
- Purchase Flysky products through local agents or model stores.
- You can purchase Flysky products through e-commerce platforms, such as: AliExpress
29. A function I want is not included. How do I make a suggestion?
- You can email us with the subject of the message: Remote Control Model + Design Suggestions. Include a detailed description of the function and what the function can be used for. If we can reasonably and timely add the suggestion it will be added to a future update.
30. What questions can be answered in the user manuals?
- Remote control safety guidelines, product specifications, product features, product settings, transmitter receiver pairing information, product packaging, certification statements.
31. How does the receiver output the sbus signal?
- In addition to the receiver fixed to the sbus signal output (currently only FS-X14S), other receivers with ibus function can be set to output the sbus signal through the remote control (generally under the receiver setup menu, refer to the manual). The signal interface is the ibus interface of the receiver or the servo interface of the ibus.
32. How does the receiver output the PPM signal?
- The receiver has two types of interfaces for outputting PPM signals. Class 1 is a sticker or PCB silk screen labeled PPM interface. This interface only outputs PPM signals; Class 1 is a receiver labeled PPM/CH1 or P/CH1. It is necessary to set the signal type to PPM through in the radio settings to output the PPM signal (generally under the receiver setup menu, refer to the manual).
33. How can I get more product information?
- If you need more information Flysky products such as schematics (limited open source products), component model numbers, certifications, ibus information, etc., you can send us an email with the subject of the message clearly indicating the needs and uses.
34. How do I use the simulator function?
- Depending on the type of emulator, the remote/receiver can be paired in a number of different ways. The emulator with USB emulator function can be used to connect the transmitter and computer directly to be used with flight sims (such as VRC, freerider, liftoff, FMS, VRC, PhoenixRC, etc.)You can also use a dongle (such as FS-SM100) connected to the PPM or the PPM output port of the receiver.
35. What is the power supply range of the product? Can it be used beyond the scope?
- The power supply range of the transmitter is based on the specifications in the manual. The power supply range of the receiver is based on the range indicated on the receiver sticker. We do not recommend exceeding the max voltage range, it will likely damage the receiver.
36. Can you use a UI?
- Transmitters with screens can be used to view and adjust settings (eg EPA, TRIM, REV, etc.).
37. How does 6X allocate up to 10 channels?
- It you need all 10 channels activate them in the auxiliary channel function: [System Settings] - [Auxiliary Switch Settings] - [Number of Channels: 10].
38. Can the power-on safety warning be deactivated?
- For safety reasons, power-on safety warning that cannot be deactivated.
39. How can a radio be paired with multiple receivers?
- In one-way mode the radio can be directly paired with multiple receivers. However in two-way mode, make use of the models function to pair with multiple receivers.
40. C series transmission module: CAT01 height sensor, CPD01 magnetic speed acquisition module, CPD02 light sensing speed acquisition module, CTM01 temperature sensor, CVT01 voltage sensor, CEV04 serial bus receiver can be used with 3 generation products NB4, PL18?
- Yes, the method is the same as the 2A generation product, see the product manual for details.
41. Can the remote control without a screen be restored to the factory settings?
- No, the remote control without a screen does not have this feature.
42. How to check if the remote control abnormality is set incorrectly for the user?
- You can confirm whether the remote control is abnormal or not by setting the factory settings or creating a new model.
43. Precautions for switching between the left and right hands of the remote control.
- In addition to PL18, other Flysky product require the opening of the radio to switch the left and right gimbals. For details, please refer to the products user manual.
44. What should I do if the remote control does not turn on after a long time?
- Check if the battery has power (the built-in battery can be powered by USB cable to see if the remote can be turned on).
- Check if the battery is in poor contact, such as rust or a foreign metal object touching the battery contacts.
- If possible, use a multimeter to test whether the power supply of terminals, devices, etc. on the PCB is normal.